Caslon metal type letter c letter R letter E letter A IMG_5691_2 Caslon metal type letter e

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thing #8

After reading Read Vicki Davis' blog post Wiki Wiki Teaching I do feel that I will be using a wiki to create a sense of community, accountability and ownership in my students. I think that I give students the possibility to use wikis to learn from each other and be more interested in creating their own learning. I would like to use a wiki to build an online books where students can write and exchange stories.


1001 Flat World Tales is such an amazing idea. I do not think that I would have never thought of anything like it. These wiki gives students the opportunity peer edit and revise their work. They will write stories that their classmates can draft and revise until the King or three or four of classmates judge the story as good enough to allow to survival. If survival is allowed to a bad story teller the Kings will be graded accordingly. This project is able to hold students accountable and they can see others work as it progresses and get better.


Code Blue wiki is used for students to learn about the human body by opening their own online "medical clinic." This is good idea. I like that the students work together in the same clinic; however, I was not able to see the growth and collaborative work that I was hoping for in a wiki. The students were all working in groups of clinics, but I was not able to understand how this was an ongoing exchange of ideas and progression in learning.


Discovery Utopias wiki students answer "all of the great questions" of society and move toward to a mutual agreement about social order. This wiki is well organized. I was able to see the projects. The students had a specific order to their society. They were able to see others progression of ideas and gain information and justification for their projects.

I love the idea of using a wiki to give students the tools needed to be in charge of their discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment