Caslon metal type letter c letter R letter E letter A IMG_5691_2 Caslon metal type letter e

Friday, July 2, 2010

Thing #11



I had no idea that Flickr existed. I am learning so much about what is out on the internet. Flickr has so many pictures and themes to choose from that I was not sure where to start. It provides a place where people can come together to share and communicate their experiences. I searched the words smiling, happy, content and excitement. I got many pictures. I liked the picture of animals that are smiling especially dogs. I liked this picture from the photographer Jelene. I believe the story that I could tell with pictures could depict anything that makes happiness. I found some pictures living and nonliving things; for example, a picture of a smiley face, animals smiling and people smiling. I think this is a great idea to teach vocabulary. I could use pictures that ask you to feel a certain way, to teach emotion and description in writing. Students can see the picture and give descriptive words that come to mind when they see the picture. This will help their vocabulary development of synonyms. They can relate to an image and visualize it to convey their feelings. I will use pictures to make lessons more meaningful to my students.

1 comment:

  1. I was, and still, overwhelmed with Flickr. Like you, I never know quite where to start. Like most things, I think the more you play with it, the easier it becomes.

    ReplyDelete